Making Digital Marketing Work For Your Medical CenterJanuary 18, 2018
How Does Digital Marketing Fit In My Plans?
In football, you can have the greatest defense in the world, but if your offensive unit can’t score and constantly turns the ball over, you won’t win games.
In dancing, you can be the most graceful person on the planet, but if your partner has two cement clods for feet, you won’t be bringing home any dance championships.
In marketing, like in many other things, if you want success, you want to be performing well in multiple facets or your won’t have any success.
This article is designed to detail how a medical center can best utilize multiple forms of marketing and make sure they’re working together in harmony to generate a great number of leads!
Digital Marketing Defined
Digital marketing is simply marketing to generate attention to your brand using digital channels (like Facebook and Google). It involves a different, non-linear (one way) communication strategy where there is a value exchange model of mutual dialogue and benefit-sharing between provider and consumer.
Below are some examples of digital marketing:
- Pay Per Click Marketing – PPC is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites (with the goal of converting to a lead), in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked.
- Banner Ads – known as a display ad, banner ads are images embedded on websites designed to get people to click and visit your website.
- Search Marketing – the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid and unpaid efforts. Ultimately the goal is for your product or service to be at the top of the search engines as a solution to the problem the potential customer is having.
- Remarketing – Remarketing is where you serve display ads to people who have previously engaged with your website or landing page.
- Video Marketing – the use of videos to explain your product or services. This is a great way to explain how something works or could benefit your customer
- Content Marketing – the use of textual content (like the blog you’re reading) to help educate someone and solve a problem they have. By providing quality content and solutions to problems, you’ve demonstrated knowledge and established credibility as an expert, and the customer reading may want to use your services
- Podcasting – a podcast is a radio show (share stories or interviews) that you can create and your customers can listen to whenever they want
People like to learn in different ways; some like to read while others like to watch videos or listen to audio (in their car or while working out). Creating a digital marketing strategy that encompasses multiple types of content distribution will allow you to get your message out to the masses!
Can you see why having multiple strategies and intertwining them together is so valuable? If all you do is blog, then visual people won’t look at your message. If all you do is videos, then busy people who like to learn while driving or exercising won’t hear your message either.
So How Can I Implement Digital Marketing In My Medical Clinic?
Great question! Any medical marketing plan should encapsulate the following:
- Rank in the search engines. When your customer is looking for a problem in which you have the solutions, you want to be at the top of page 1 in Google!
- Reach your customer where they hang out. No one goes to Facebook to look for braces or a cosmetic surgeon, but people in need of those products are on Facebook, and those that get the right message in front of the right person at the right time can generate leads. Understanding your audience, their demographics, and who they follow on Facebook will allow you to get the most out of your marketing budget.
- Remarket them again. Only 2% of people perform the action on your website the first time they go there… but web site visitors who are retargeted with display ads are 70 percent more likely to convert on your Web site.
- Create high quality content. This type of content means non-promotional stuff; rather create content (using blog, video, and audio) that educates people, answers questions, and provides a solution to the problem they face without having to ask ask ask for the sale.
Personal Stories of Success With Digital Marketing
I want to share a story on how I became a high quality lead for people using digital marketing.
I was in a car accident and looking for a chiropractor. I had used Google to look for Chiropractors near me and visited a few websites but nothing really stood out. Finally I found a clinic that did a great job of initiating me to their practice on their landing page (a webpage designed for the purpose of educating a potential customer & encouraging them to take a specific action).
They had a person hold a camera and go thru the first visit customer experience in just 3 minutes. It started at the receptionist office, where the Chiropractic Assistant detailed which forms were needed (and how I could download in advance to save time). Then the C.A. proceeded to give me a tour of the facility. Finally, the tour ended in the Chiropractic office, where the D.C. gave a brief pitch about himself and his service as well as an example of a typical adjustment. The video ended with the camera person leaving and the call to action of ‘book your appointment now’. After using their appointment setting software, it took you to a page where you could download and print the medical intake forms to bring with you.
By the time I went in for my first appointment, I was already a customer. I knew who the C.A. was, I knew what the place looked like, and I even knew who the D.C. was! Setting expectations through video marketing is a great way to initiate a potential customer and make them very comfortable with you and your staff before they ever even step foot into your clinic.
Summary of Digital Marketing Success
If you’re looking for a way to generate leads for your Chiropractic Clinic, Dental Practice, or Cosmetic Surgery Center, then the first step you want to take is to establish a strategy that will achieve your goals. If you’ve never done that before, then I recommend talking with a digital marketing professional.
Many digital marketing agencies will charge for a 1 hour consultation, but at Sinova Solutions, our first 1 hour consultation is always free. If you’d like our help putting together a plan, simply contact us here and set an appointment.